Day Otis Crane (1841-)
From Biographical Wiki
|Captain Day Otis Crane|
|Born:||6 Oct 1841 Lebanon, Ohio|
|Father:||Edward Steven Crane|
|Mother:||Evaline S. Durkee|
|Siblings:|| Horace D. Crane|
Caroline L. Crane
Andrew W. Crane
Dwight Kellogg Crane
Day Otis Crane
Edward G. Crane
|Spouse:||Georgianna B. Morhisen|
|Married:||25 Oct 1877 Springfield, Missouri|
|Children:|| Donn Philip Crane|
Bessie M. Crane
Day Otis Crane was born on October 6, 1841 at Lebanon, Warren, Ohio.
He married Georgianna B. Morhisen on October 25, 1877 at Springfield, Greene, Missouri.
They had a daughter and a son, Donn Philip Crane who went on to become a unique artist of his day.
Day was a Civil War Veteran.
- Portrait: Courtesy of Bill Crane.
- 1850 Federal Census, Hamilton Twp., Warren, Ohio
- Crane, Edward S.
- , Day
- 1860 Federal Census, Hamilton Twp., Warren, Ohio, #189
- Civil War: Civil War Pension Index Cards:
- Name: Day O. Crane
- Rank: [BLANK]
- Company: C
- Regiment: 2
- State: Missouri
- Arm of Service: Cavalry
- Date of Filing:
- State/Arm of Service:
- Publication Title: Organization Index to Pension Files of Veterans Who Served Between 1861 and 1900
- NARA Publication Number: T289
- Publisher: National Archives and Records Administration
- Collection Title: Civil War Pensions
- 1870 Federal Census, Maineville, Hamilton Twp., Warren, Ohio
- Crane, Evaline
- , Day, 28, male, white, clerk in lumber yard, OH
- 1880 Federal Census, Washington, Washington D.C
- O’Brien, E. A.
- Crane, Day O., other, married, male, white, 37, OH, claim agent, NJ, NY
- , Georgie, other, married, female, white, 25, IA, at home, MD, MD
- , Donn P., other, single, male, white, 1, MO, OH, IA
- 1900 Federal Census, Chicago, Cook, Illinois, 6 June 1900:
- Crane, Day O., head, white, male, b. Oct 1841, 58, married 22 yrs, OH, NJ, NY, Copper Mining
- , Georgiana, wife, white, female, b. Sep 1849, 50, married, 22 yrs, 3 children, 2 living, Iowa, MD, MD
- , Donn P., son, white, male, b. Sep 1878, 21, single, MO, OH, IA, Salesman (Dry Goods)
- , Bessie M., daughter, white, female, b. Jul 1885, 14, single, Idaho, OH, IA, at school
- Robbins, Amelia, S in Law, White, Female, b. July 1838, 61, Widowed, IA, MD, MD
- 1910 Federal Census, Delaware County, Oklahoma, Page 3, Family # 56:
- Crane, Day O, Head, White, Male, 68, Widowed, OH, NJ, NY