John Edward Boda (1886-1968)
From Biographical Wiki
|John Edward Boda|
|Born:||25 Jan 1886 Saginaw, Michigan|
|Died:||15 Oct 1968 Lansing, Michigan|
|Siblings:|| Margaret L. Boda|
Daniel Frank Boda
John Edward Boda
|Spouse:||Anna Zeferena Parkey|
|Married:||13 May 1907 Burt Lake, Michigan|
|Children:|| Daniel Gilbert Boda|
Sue Irene Boda
Petoskey News-Review, Wednesday, October 16, 1968:
Services for John E. Boda, 82, of Pellston, who died of a heart attack yesterday at his son’s home in Lansing, will be held at St. Clements Church Friday at 11 a.m. Interment will be in St. Clements Cemetery at Pellston.
He was born January 25, 1886, in Saginaw and his family moved to Emmet county when he was 14.
In 1908, he married Anna Parkey, at Burt Lake St. Mary’s Church and they made their home in the Pellston area.
Mr. Boda was a member of St. Clements Church.
Besides his wife, he is survived by two sons, Daniel, of Pellston and Floyd of Lansing; six daughters, Sue Boda, of Parnell, Mrs. Joseph (Evelyn) Massey, of Detroit, Mrs. Hames (Hazel) Kline, of Lansing, Mrs. David (Viola) Warren, of Ypsilanti, Mrs. William (Charlene) Scott, of Lansing and Delores Boda, of Pellston; 40 grandchildren; 10 great grandchildren; a sister, Mrs. Charlotte Martell, of Pellston.
The rosary will be recirted Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Quonset Hut in Pellston.
The body is at the Stone Funeral Home where friends may call.
- Name Variants: John Edmund, John Bada
- Marriage: Michigan Marriages 1868-1925:
- Groom's Name: John Bada
- Groom's Age: 21 years
- Groom's Birth Date: 1886
- Groom's Birthplace: Saginaw, Michigan
- Groom's Father: Dan Bada
- Groom's Mother: Anna Goffning
- Bride's Name: Anna Porkey
- Bride's Age: 20 years
- Bride's Birth Date: 1887
- Bride's Birthplace: Burt Tp Michigan
- Bride's Father: Jas. Porkey
- Bride's Mother: Susan Schrnaqurt
- Marriage Date: 13 May 1907
- Marriage Place: Burt Lake, Cheboygan, Michigan
- Film Number: 2342677
- Digital Folder Number: 4208700
- Image Number: 218 Reference
- Number: v 1 p 352 rn 1261
- Marriage: Cheboygan County, Michigan, Return of Marriages:
- Page: 352
- Number: 1261
- License Dated: May 11 1907
- Groom: John Boda
- Age: 21
- Race: White
- Residence: Burt Tp M
- Birth place: Saginaw M.
- Occupation: Laborer
- Father: Dan Boda
- Mother: Anna Goffning
- Bride: Anna Parkey
- Age: 20
- Race: Ind.
- Residence: Burt Tp M
- Birth place: Burt Tp
- Occupation: At Home
- Father: Jos. Parkey
- Mother: Susan Schenaquet
- Married: May 13, 1907
- Place: Burt Lake
- By: Innocent Schlueter, Cath Priest
- Albert Shenaquet Burt Lake
- Eliza Shenaquet Burt Lake M.
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- BODA, John E
- Date of Death: 10/15/1968
- Liber: 1968
- Folio: 1112
- Place of Death: Lansing
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Boda, John Edward
- Age: 82
- Born: 1/25/1886
- Died: 10/15/1968
- Burial: 10/18/1968
- Cemetery: St. Clement, Pellston
- Obituary: on file, PNR - 10/16/1968