Lela Julia Mead (1894-1968)
From Biographical Wiki
|Lela Julia Mead|
|Born:||11 Nov 1894 Lansing, Michigan|
|Died:||20 Nov 1968 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||Earl Humphrey Mead|
|Mother:||Lela Julia Garlick|
|Siblings:|| Jean Louise Mead|
Lela Julia Mead
|Spouse:||Ernest Hill Burt|
|Married:||12 Apr 1917 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Children:|| Elizabeth Burt|
Ernest Hill Burt, Jr.
Edward Mead Burt
Petoskey News-Review, Thursday, November 21, 1968
A public Memorial Service for Mrs. Lela Mead Burt, who died Wednesday at Little Traverse Hospital, will be conducted Saturday, at 2 p.m. in the First Presbyterian Church of Harbor Springs with Rev. Donald A. Drew officiating.
Mrs. Burt, 74, was the daughter of Earl and Lela Mead of Harbor Springs. She was born in Lansing, on November 11, 1894 and married Ernest Hill Burt in 1917 in Harbor Springs. Upon his retirement from the Army, they returned to Harbor Springs.
An accomplished violinist, Mrs. Burt attended Oberlin College of Music and the Washington College of Music where she completed her Bachelor of Music Degree. In addition to study abroad, she played in leading symphony orchestras around the world. She was an active member of the Harbor Springs University Club and the Presbyterian Church.
Besides her husband, she is survived by her four children, Mrs. Elizabeth Hyatt of North Haven, Connecticut; Captain Ernest Burt, Jr., of Annapolis, Maryland; Mrs. Margery McKenney of Hampshire, England; Edward of Rockford, Michigan; 15 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
The family suggests those wishing to honor the memory of Mrs. Burt may do so by contributing to the building fund of the First Presbyterian Church of Harbor Springs.
Visiting hours will be from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Friday in the downstairs room of the Presbyterian Church in Harbor Springs.
- 1910 Federal Census, Little Traverse, Emmet, Michigan
- Meade, Earl
- , Lela, daughter, 15, single, MI, MI, MI
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- Burt, Ernest Hill, Lieut. & Mead, Lela Julia
- Date of Marriage: 4/12/1917
- Liber: 4
- Folio: 20
- Marriage: Michigan Marriages 1868-1925
- Groom's name: Ernest Hill Burt
- Groom's age: 24 years
- Groom's birth year: 1893
- Groom's birthplace: Connecticut
- Bride's name: Lela Julia Mead
- Bride's age: 22 years
- Bride's birth year: 1895
- Bride's birthplace: Michigan
- Marriage date: 12 Apr 1917
- Marriage place: Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Groom's father's name: Edw S Burt
- Groom's mother's name: Susan Forbes
- Father of bride's name: Earl H Mead
- Mother of bride's name: Lila Garlick
- Film number: 2342720
- Digital GS number: 4210010
- Image number: 259
- Reference number: v 2 p 99 rn 28
- Collection: Michigan Marriages 1868-1925
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Burt, Lela Mead
- Age: 74
- Born: 11/11/1894
- Died: 11/20/1968
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Lakeview, Harbor Springs
- Obituary: on file PNR 11/21/1968