Leotta E. Mead (1882-1977)
From Biographical Wiki
|Born:||20 Sep 1882 Hastings, Michigan|
|Died:||28 May 1977 Detroit, Michigan|
|Mother:||Zuba Louise Hoyt|
|Siblings:|| Burr Vernon Mead|
Lloyd Marion Mead
Leotta E. Mead
Minnie V. Mead
|Spouse:||Edward Clifford Powers|
|Married:||23 May 1901 Emmet Co., Michigan|
|Children:|| Clifford Kenneth Powers|
Esther M. Powers
Petoskey News-Review, Tuesday, May 31, 1977
Funeral services for Mrs. Leota Powers, 94, former Harbor Springs resident, were held at 11 a.m. today (Tuesday) at the Gillian-Erwin Funeral Chapel in Harbor Springs. Rev. Rodney Ward of the Walloon Lake Community Church officiated and interment was in Lakeview Cemetery.
Mrs. Powers died May 28 at Art Center Hospital in Detroit.
The former Leota Mead was born Sept. 20, 1882 in Hastings and moved to Harbor Springs in 1900. In 1901 she married Edward C. Powers. The couple made their home in Harbor Springs and Mr. Powers preceded her in death in 1952, and since that time Mrs. Powers has made her home in Royal Oak.
While a resident in Harbor Springs Mrs. Powers was active in many organizations. She helped organize the first P.T.A. in Harbor Springs and served as president of that organization for several terms.
She was a member of the Women's Relief Corps and was state president of that organization. She was also a member of the Bay View Reading Club; a life member of Rebekah Lodge and a life member of the Order of the Eastern Star.
After moving to Royal Oak, Mrs. Powers was an active member of a senior citizens group called the Horizon Club.
Survivors include one son, Clifford of Good Hart; two daughters, Mrs. J. Russell (Esther) Roe of Royal Oak and Mrs. Paul (Phyllis) Miller of Ann Arbor; five grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
A memorial service by the Order of the Eastern Star was held Monday evening at the Gillian-Erwin Funeral Chapel.
- Name variant: Leota
- Birth variant: 1881
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- POWERS, Edward C. & MEAD, Leota
- Date: 5/23/1901
- Liber: 3
- Folio: 230
- Death: Social Security Death Index:
- Powers, Leotta
- Birth Date: 20 Sep 1882
- Death Date: May 1977
- Social Security Number: 364-68-7118
- State Number Was Issued: Michigan
- Death Residence Zip Code: 48067
- Localities: Royal Oak, Oakland, Michigan
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Powers, Leota (Mead)
- Age: 94
- Born: 9/20/1882
- Died: 5/28/1977
- Burial: 5/31/1977
- Cemetery: Lakeview, Harbor Springs
- Obituary: on file, PNR - 05/31/1977
- Burial: Lakeview Cemetery Index, Emmet Co., Michigan:
- POWERS Leota
- May 28, 1977
- Source: Ancestry World Tree: Powers Family:
- Jim Powers
- also letter from Jim to Joanne & Arnold L. Howse
- Note: Emmet County Michigan Genweb: Surnames:
- Powers - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leotta E. Mead married Edward C. Powers