Sylvia Green (1820-1906)
From Biographical Wiki
|Sylvia Green Vaughn|
|Born:||2 Jan 1820 of Yorkshire, Cattauraugus, New York|
|Died:||7 Feb 1906 Lake Ann, Benzie, Michigan|
|Siblings:|| Alonzo Green|
|Married:||bef 1848 of Elk Creek Twp., Erie, Pennsylvania|
|Children:|| Charles Vaughn|
Daniel J. Vaughn
Nancy Ann Vaughn
Rosetta M. Vaughn
Sylvia is most probably a daughter of Job Green of Yorkshire, Cattaraugus, NY who died in Kingsville, Ashtabula, Ohio and is buried in the City Cemetery in Conneaut, Ashtabula, Ohio Feb 1880. No Will found need to look for a Probate Record. Job had 9 children.
Sylvia was born January 2, 1820 in New York. She married Daniel Vaughn before 1848 of Elk Creek Twp., Erie Co., Pennsylvania.
They have a son Charles born February 1847 in Pennsylvania [1860 Census], a son Daniel born abt 1852 in Mich [1860 Census], a daughter Nancy Ann born in Ashtabula, Ohio in November 1858 and a daughter Rosetta M., born March 1862 of Elk Twp., Erie, Pennsylvania.
In 1870 she is living in Grant Twp., Huron, Michigan.
In 1880 she is living in Sebewaing, Huron, Michigan.
Sylvia dies in February 1906 in Lake Ann, Benzie, Michigan. She was living apart from her husband so they are not buried together.
Sylvia is buried at the Lake Ann Cemetery, no stone found yet.
- 1860 Federal Census, Elk Creek, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Von, Daniel
- , Sylvia, 30, female, white, NY
- 1870 Federal Census, Grant tp., Huron, Michigan, p. 7, 60/60
- Vaughn, Daniel
- , Sylvia, 40, female, white, Keeps House, Ohio
- 1880 Federal Census, Sebewaing, Huron, Michigan, 4 June 1880, p. 6, 45/48:
- Huot, Rosette
- Vaughn, Sylba, white, female, 47, mother, married, keeping house, NY, VT, NY
- Death: Benzie County, Michigan, Record of Deaths:
- Name: Sylvia Vaughn
- Place of Death: Lake Ann
- Gender: Female
- Color: White
- Marital Status: Married
- Spouse name:
- Date of Birth: Jan 2, 1820
- Age: 86 years 1 months 5 days
- Occupation: Housewife
- Birthplace of Decedent: New York
- Father: Green
- Father’s birth place: New York
- Mother: unknown
- Mother’s birth place: Vermont
- Informant: H. E. Smith, Lake Ann
- Burial date and place: February 08, 1906 Lake Ann
- Undertaker: H. H. Anderson
- Date filed: Feb. 9, 1906
- Registrar: A. E. Schneider
- Date of death: Feb 7th, 1906
- Date last see alive: Feb 7th, 1906
- Date attended deceased: Feb 6th 1906 to Feb. 7th 1906
- Time death occurred: 3 P.M.
- Cause of death: Cerebral Hemorrage
- Name and address of Physician: Wm. G. Shelliday, MD, 9th Feb 1906, Lake Ann
- Bills, Cheryl Harmon. Cheryl's Ancestry Dec 2006, Ancestry.com database