William M. Lyons, Sr. (1837-1902)
From Biographical Wiki
|William M. Lyons|
|Born:||18 Jan 1837 of Stephen Twp., Canada|
|Died:||1 Mar 1902 Epsilon, Michigan|
|Father:||Michael Lyons, Sr.|
|Siblings:|| William M. Lyons, Sr.|
|Married:||bef 1863 of Canada|
|Children:|| Tracy Lyons|
Bertha M. Lyons
Sebastian Leonard Lyons
William M. Lyons
Leonard A. Lyons
Anastasia M. Lyons
Mary Anna Lyons
William M. Lyons was born January 18, 1837 of Stephen Twp., Huron, Ontario, Canada.
He married Anna Parker before 1863 in Canada.
He moved to Petoskey in 1886 from Saginaw Michigan where he was a Foreman at a Saw Mill.
He died 1 March 1902 at Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan. He is buried at the St. Francis Cemetery in Petoskey.
Saginaw Courier Herald, Tuesday, March 4, 1902:
There passed from this life Saturday evening at his home in Epsilon, Emmet county, William Lyons, aged 65 years, Mr. Lyons was for a long time a resident of Saginaw, leaving this city about 20 years ago, when he and his family went to take up their residence at Baraga, upper peninsula.
At that time he was engaged by the Nesters to construct a mill at the later point, which marked the foundation of the town of Baraga. After completing the mill and running it for some years the family removed to Detour, where Mr. Lyons was engaged by Molles Bros. to build a mill. Upon leaving Detour he engaged in business for himself at Epsilon, and at the time of his death was owner of the time of his death was owner of the mill there. Mr. Lyons will be remembered by the earlier residents of Saginaw, he having at different times had charge of the Pearson and John G. Owen plants.
Besides his wife he leaves five sons and three daughters, all grown to manhood and womanhood. Mrs. Lyons is a sister to Mrs. Alice A. Kenny, Mrs. Parker Owens and Mrs. John Parker of this city.
Mr. Lyons was a devout Roman Catholic and had ever lived the life of a good citizen and a faithful Christian gentleman. The funeral will take place at Petoskey this morning, interment being in the Catholic cemetery there.
- 1880 Federal Census, 1st Ward, Saginaw, Saginaw, Michigan
- Lyons, William M., head, married, male, white, 44, CAN, Foreman In Saw Mill, IRE, IRE
- , Ann, Other, married, female, white, 41, CAN, Keeping House, IRE, IRE
- , Tracy, daughter, single, female, white, 17, CAN, At Home, CAN, CAN
- , Bertha, daughter, single, female, white, 15, MI, At Home, CAN, CAN
- , Elias, son, single, male, white, 13, MI, Works In Saw Mill, CAN, CAN
- , Sabastian, son, single, male, white, 11, MI, CAN, CAN
- , William, son, single, male, white, 9, MI, CAN, CAN
- , Leo, son, single, male, white, 7, MI, CAN, CAN
- , Anastatia, daughter, single, female, white, 5, MI, CAN, CAN
- , Mary Ann, daughter, single, female, white, 3, MI, CAN, CAN
- , Thomas, son, single, male, white, 11M, MI, CAN, CAN
- Index: SAGINAW COURIER HERALD
- Tuesday, March 4, 1902 (7)
- Name:LYONS, WILLIAM
- Place of Birth: EPSILON, MI
- Date of Death: 03 / 00 / 1902
- Cemetery: CATHOLIC (PETOSKEY)
- Misc: DIED IN EMMET CO.
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Lyons, William M.
- Age: 65
- Died: 03/01/1902
- Burial: 03/04/1902
- Cemetery: St. Francis, Petoskey
- Funeral Home: Henika, Petoskey
- Lot: 1-4-7