Daniel Vaughn (1817-1908)
From Biographical Wiki
|Born:||16 Mar 1817 Pennsylvania|
|Died:||22 Jul 1908 Akron Twp., Michigan|
|Married:||bef 1848 Pennsylvania|
|Children:|| Charles Vaughn|
Daniel J. Vaughn
Nancy Ann Vaughn
Rosetta M. Vaughn
Daniel Vaughn was born March16, 1817 in Pennsylvania.
His probable parents are Levi Ward Vaughan and Nancy H. Williams parents of Horatio Gates Vaughan who was born 22 April 1822 in Oil City, Venango, Pennsylvania. Horatio married in 1845 to Juliette Whitney in Tuscola, Michigan. Horatio died in 1905 in Caro, Tuscola, Michigan.
I have not proven by any means that Daniel is Horatio's brother.
He married Sylvia Green before 1848 in Pennsylvania.
In 1870 he lives in Grant Twp, Huron, Michigan.
In 1880 he lives with his son Charles in Akron, Tuscola, Michigan and also with his son Daniel at Sebewaing, Huron, Michigan.
In 1890 he is listed on the Census of Michigan Veterans in Akron, Tuscola, Michigan.
In 1900 he is living with his daughter-in-law at Akron.
When his wife dies in 1906 she is listed as married.
- Birth: Calculated from 1880, 1900 Census.
- Birthplace variations: Ohio, PA, NY
- Military: BOYLE, John Richards, Soldiers True, Page 361:
- Civil War Company K 111 PA Infantry (Erie, PA)
- VAUGHN, Daniel, Private
- Mustered in 18 Jan 1862
- Discharged on Surg. Certificate 22 May 1862.
- 1870 Federal Census, Grant twp., Huron, Michigan
- Vaughn, Daniel, 45, male, white, farmer, 600, Ohio
- , Sylvia, 40, female, white, Keeps House, Ohio
- , Charles, 22, male, white, at home, Ohio
- , Daniel, 19, male, white, at home, Ohio
- , Nancy, 11, female, white, at home, Ohio
- , Rosetta, 6, female, white, Michigan
- 1880 Federal Census, Akron Twp., Tuscola, Michigan
- Vaughn, Charles
- , Daniel, Father, white, male, 55, married, laborer, NY, NY, CAN
- 1880 Federal Census, Sebewaing, Huron, Michigan
- Vaughn, Daniel,
- , Daniel Sr., father, 64, md, laborer, PA, NY, NY
- 1890 Census of Michigan Veterans, Supervisor's District #2 E. D. #221 Home #66 Family #68 Akron, Tuscola, MI
- VAUGHAN, Daniel, Private, K Co. 11 PA Inf.
- enlisted 18 Jan 1862
- discharged 30 May 1862
- service: 4 months 12 days
- Post Office: Unionville, Tuscola, MI
- Disability Incurred: ?Vollron? R leg + hip.
- 1900 Federal Census, Akron Twp., Tuscola, Michigan
- Vaughn, Linda
- , Daniel, F in Law, white, male, b. Mar 1820, 80, Widow, PA, NY, NY
- Death: State of Michigan, Certificate of Death:
- Name: Daniel Vaughn
- Place of Death: Akron Twp., Tuscola, MI
- Gender: Male
- Color: White
- Marital Status: Widower
- Date of Birth: 3/16/1817
- Age: 91 years 4 months 6 days
- Occupation: Gun Smith
- Birthplace of Decedent: Pennsylvania
- Father: Dont Know
- Father’s birth place: Dont Know
- Mother: Dont Know
- Mother’s birth place: Dont Know
- Informant: Ray Vaughn, Unionville
- Burial date and place: Hickory Island Cemetery, 7/24/1908
- Undertaker: Chas F Sees Unionville
- Date filed: July 23, 1908
- Registrar: E Howard Peters
- Date of death: 7/22/1908
- Date last see alive: July 20, 1908
- Date attended deceased: July 19th, 1908 to July 22, 1908
- Time death occurred: 8 am
- Cause of death: Paralysis
- Contributory: Old Age
- Name and address of Physician: G Len.....MD 1/22/1908 Unionville Mich